[Archers] Trial by Fire and Lochmere Arrow

JAMES FRAILEY seamusmcray at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 06:55:04 PDT 2017

So to answer Cameron deGrey questions about the Archery component of Trial
by Fire (Lochmere Arrow) see below.

I have shot this event before, so I know some from history, but others have
posed questions which are not answered in the event description.

*How are the teams comprised?* Teams are formed by 2 individuals from the
same Barony, Canton, Shire.

*Is the winning team required to run the shoot the next year?* Yes. The
winning team must run or their Group must host the Lochmere competition
next year.

*What is the Lochmere Arrow?* I believe the Lochmere start 5,000 years ago
(ha when I was borned) to challenge the Archery prouesse of the leaders of
each Barony or group in the Kingdom of Atalnatia. I believe it is named the
Lochmere Arrow because Lochmere was unbeatable for many years (10).

*Are teams by Barony only?* Teams are formed by 2 individuals from the same
Barony, Canton, Shire.

*Are there skill requirements? *So this is an odd question. Yes, you have
to be able to shoot a bow safely. The ranges are design so every on can
score points.

*How many teams can represent a group? *As many as you can field.

*Equipment restrictions?* SCA and Atlantia rules apply. This will be a one
bow competition.

Will there be a target range aside form the competition?* NO. *

*What kinds of shoots will there be?* Come and find out.

*Terrain restrictions?* Yes there is terrain but no restriction. If you
have mobility concerns see me (Seamus McRay) for any assistance or
adjustment in the shooting instructions. We will do everything possible to
accommodate all archers.

We highly recommend bring insect repellant and sun block. Water and food
will be plentiful.

If anyone has any concerns please reach out to me.

In service,

Baron Seamus McRay
Atlantia Archery DEM