[Archers] MAAD 3 Coming soon, April 19th - 21st

Marco marcodaveronava at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:05:54 PST 2016

MAAD is back! The whole idea of MAAD is to provide an event for Archers that
is NOT Pennsic, and central enough for Archers from the North, Middle and
southern reaches of the Kingdom to come together.

Come on Atlantian Archers! I only have two target submissions so far for
MAAD 3!

I know we can do better! It would be great to get one from each Barony! How
you ask?

A challenge this time! I challenge archers from each Barony to think up one
challenging target. Provide me the your rules for your target, a good
description and or pictures. The site picked for next year has lots of
space, mostly wooded as well as one field that I think we can field about 5
open field setups. I am hoping to hear from all 17 Baronies, yes, that would
make 17 targets to shoot. Possible ideas, make your target something to do
with your Baronial history. This will also be a team organized competition.
You will be graded on your target you bring, your group cohesion with your
garb and of course, your scores. For those that have attended MAAD before,
you know that I include Thrown Weapon Stations and Atlatl. So your target
does not need to be archery related alone. I would request though if you do
plan on a Thrown Weapon station, you provide a Marshal in that area of
responsibility. If needed, let me know between now and April and I can try
to attend an event at your location to provide Marshal Training for Thrown
Weapons.

Team make up:

Build a team of 4 or 5 that can have no more than 20 points. This way the
teams can only have 2 GBEs + lower ranking shooters to make it even. GBE = 6
points, BE =5 points, Bowman = 4 points, Marksman =3, Archer =2 and Novice =
1. Teams have to have at least 5 or 6 members...

To submit your target use this link. http://
<http://maad.yolasite.com/target-submission-page.php>
maad.yolasite.com/target-submission-page.php

For merchants, use this link : http://
<http://maad.yolasite.com/merchants.php> maad.yolasite.com/merchants.php

To Volunteer(Marshal's, both target and Thrown : http://
<http://maad.yolasite.com/staff.php> maad.yolasite.com/staff.php

Dates: 21 - 23 April 2017

Location: 187 Forest Hill Street, Clarksville, VA 23927

 <https://www.facebook.com/groups/AtlantiaSCA/permalink/10154081684685918/>
See More

Middle Atlantian Archery Day
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmaad.yolasite.com%2Ftarget-submi
ssion-page.php&h=NAQG0iycu&enc=AZNgm2L0tdHlGBDuQ1JtM3FHh3iHBdoJiTZt0lrERLU--
9Mrm4rF6h1GhysuDv06Eknx5MkoOQfbtg-tI2KO0hS-QAIHQJynGPCxaNngrLtLzHT48wlEB-fqN
lupyuOSZNBLorUsNM6xF0UT13k8qJls93w8rixTYnXJQ01peGxkqPKi3h3pb4wOJHB-vYrxBd4&s
=1>

Target Scoring: You have 60 seconds to shoot as many bolts or arrows as you
can. 3 points if you hit the Dragon in the Head, 2 points if you hit the
dragon in the body, 1 point if you hit the dragon in the tail, 0 points if
you hit the castle.

maad.yolasite.com