[Archers] A warm thank you to you all!

Lorelei Elkins ladygreenleafe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 18:52:57 PDT 2015

Thank you so much for the kind words, Lord Janyn.  I have to add my
appreciation and thanks to the marshals who assisted.  I felt like they did
most of the work, as I spent a lot of time sitting on my bum with a bum
foot. haha

I agree, a very big thank you to Lady Sarah Sinclair who went above and
beyond duty with teaching multiple classes, running war points, Royal
Rounds, helping with kids archery, setting up and running the night shoot
and generally being awesome.

Her Lord, Mungo Napier ran a great kids range this year and was a huge help
to his Lady wife as well. They make an amazing team and we're lucky to have
them.

As always,  big thank you to my husband Tim Arrowfinder for everything from
shoveling poop, to inspections, set up and take down.  (One of these days
I'll spend time with you, I promise.)

As for helping marshals and awesome MiTs:

Eirik Gralokkr (who did the great Sponge Bob target and made the MACE for
the prize shoot),
Dagfinnr (Fred!), Esa, Solvarr Bogsverger, Eduard deWitte, Rose McDade (who
received her Kings Missiliers - GRATS!), Eoghan O.....lots of letters,
Martelle Von Charlottenburg, Sven Olafssen, Arius Kaufmann, Robert
Shockley, Ivarr Thorgislsson, Emily Montaperto, Artemisia, Cameron de Grey,
Dietrich Saphir, Lire du Pre, Ivarr in Fiskni, Sigard Njurd, Ronan Mac
Imair, Vittoria, Arvis.....and I know I'm missing a bunch but I'm brain
dead and tired (still).  Oh, Baron Colum, and Crispin Crispin who I don't
think is a marshal, can't recall...but he helped out some people just
learning to shoot.

We had 160 archers at least.  That many shot for war points, we used that
many stickers off the sheet.....but there were about 30 more who just
wandered in to shoot for no points, just for fun, or who were newcomers to
the range and using loaner gear.

That's a lot of archers over the course of three days, at an event which
boasted just a few shy of 1200 people.

What happens next year?  We need someone, (or someones) to step to run
archery at War of the Wings.  I plan to take a year off and see what goes
on at the rest of the event.  I've never been off the archery range except
for one year when for a few hours I did combat archery.  Please think about
stepping up into this important job.  We can have different people in
charge of different days, lots of different people bringing targets so it's
not a burden on one person.  Multiple groups making a commitment to help,
etc.

What do you think?

Many thanks,
Mistress Lorelei Greenleafe