[Archers] Off topic thought for the day

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Fri Feb 14 10:36:30 PST 2014

A random thought rolled through my otherwise empty head today while
shoveling 600 feet of snowy driveway....

I've been playing in the SCA for a little over 17 years now.  Started in
Trimaris, now Atlantia.  I have met some amazing people, some cantankerous
people (maybe I'm in that group), some I wish I hadn't met, and some I am so
very glad I have met.  But all in all I strongly feel the Atlantian archery
community is the greatest bunch of folks I have had the pleasure of
associating with in those 17 plus years.  Atlantian archers are witty,
smart, fun loving, easy going, willing do what needs to be done, and willing
to make "their" thing, archery, fun for others, i.e. St. Sebastian Shoot at
Pennsic.

No, I don't have worms eating my brain!  I've just had the opportunity to
step back and evaluate why I continue to play in this game.  I thank you all
for being a very large part of that reason.  I just hope I'm not too
cantankerous when I'm around you...

cog