[Archers] Royal Archery Tournament Debate

Charles Sprouse sprousecp at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 06:48:37 PDT 2014

Hello all,
     Just wanted to drop a quick line to say thank you to all of you who responded to my question a couple days ago.  There were a few answers here that you all saw, but many more of you sent me back private e-mails or FB posts regarding your opinions.  Much appreciated.  The overwhelming majority of responses were in favor of leaving things pretty much as they stand now, with Royal Archer in the Spring and Lochmere Arrow in the Fall.  Obviously, scheduling conflicts can arise, such as this year with Bright Hills having to move Lochmere up to end of June, but in theory I think we should stick to the Royal in Spring Lochmere in Fall idea.  There were exactly two people who though moving Royal to Fall would be better, one because they wanted to see less conflict of dates, the other because he was concerned that the handbows needed more time to get ramped up after the long winter season.  Many other handbow shooters expressed disagreement with
 this and said they felt it was just fine in the Spring, and that there were several other reasons for it being placed in Spring in the first place.  All that being said and taken into account, Royal will remain in Spring, at least next year it will.  Planning has already started, :-), and I hope to see as many of you as possible out there next year ready to take away my precious, I mean the medallion....

YIS,
Karl