[Archers] ROYAL ARCHERY TOURNAMENT QUESTION - PLEASE READ

Fen & Michelle mobishob at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 22:17:36 PDT 2014

"1. To have chosen the champion, before Pennsic"

See, I think thats backwards. While its nice that the winner is given a slot at Pennsic, thats not the purpose of our event. Of course, my philosophy is that everyone should have to compete for slots at Pennsic, so I don't place as much value on it as you may. I couldn't tell you who won the last 4 or what the scoring was.

"2. To set the bar for the 'one to beat', and the 'one to watch' during
the year's archery season. If the competition was held in the fall.  There's a significant chance that someone might win it, then go inactive over the winter & following year."

So? That seems like a very subjective reason. There are other ways to get there, and I'm not sure why its important to use the event for that purpose to begin with. The competitive folks know who the top shooters are. They also know that "on any given Sunday" the top shooter is often replaced. And that the top shooter has been known to be off his mark the day of the Pennsic shoot. I mean, what you are saying has merit, but I don't think its necessary, especially at the expense of a less comptetive field for our own championship.

"As far as the statement about it taking longer to 'get back on' the
Recurve than an Xbow, I completely disagree.  But that's a whole other
point.  Other than the fact that it invalidates the 'one reason' it was
being asked to be moved anyway."

I don't see it. But I would be interested in hearing your reasoning offlist, as to not clutter the thread.

Cheers
Fen

Atlantian Archery. Nothing exists within 100 yards without our permission.