[Archers] WOW! Re: Royal Round Rules

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Mon Oct 14 08:24:06 PDT 2013

Ha!  I'm just getting around to reading this now.  WoW was a blast this year, even if the Steirbach crew somehow missed the atlatl battle some how.

I spent a few days on the kids range and had some great helpers.  A very big thanks to Ivar infiskni (my pardon if the spelling is off).  Ivar is an MiT (actually he just finished up his requirements), from Windmaster's Hill and also quite a good archer.  He started shooting about 7 months ago and just made the rank of Bowman at WoW.  Congratulations to him, but also, thank you SO much for assisting me with the kids.  As you can now attest, it can be quite a handful, but just as rewarding. My thanks also to Rose McDade of Hawkwood for her assistance and also to Black Diamond's Baroness Juliana Grene who assisted with the kids range as well.  A shout out to Conrad, (one of our own own who moved to Meridies) for his assistance and to Eduard deWitt of Sacred Stone, always helpful.

I'm sure CoG will have comments of his own, as he was MiC this year for Wow but I want to give you all a heads up that for next year we'll have a new MiC and will be calling in favors to create a strong archery crew to assist with running the range(s).  It's become so big and so successful that we'll need lots of help.  We've got the War Points Range where we had upwards of about 100 people out there, the Kids Range with anywhere between 6 and 20 kids, and also an atlatl battle to run.

Stay tuned.

Cheers, Lorelei
(Back to my copious drinking.)