[Archers] Thank you all for everything you do!

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Mon Oct 7 16:55:26 PDT 2013

Good evening my Brothers and Sisters of the bow. I just wanted to be serious
for a minute here in the shadow of all of the drama that seems to surround
us. I am proud that our Archery community is so tight and how much we all
watch out for each other. We tease, we laugh, we shoot, we heckle and most
of all we have fun! I know this is why I joined the SCA and as I look back
over the years now I can't think of many bad times, maybe a few to count on
one hand. I thank you all for this! I was invited into the group, I had
great mentors and I hope I am living up to your expectations since you all
gave me this chance to be DEM. It saddens me to see what is happening and I
hope this all corrects itself in the near future. The way you all step up to
run shoots when they were poorly planned, the way you all are willing to
teach our new comers and support them via loaner gear is astounding! I heard
so many comments I consider "Bravo Sierra" at Pennsic about liability and
insurance reasons for many groups not having loaner gear, it made me sick.

So thank you again for helping me with my job, making sure I don't miss
things which from time to time I do and for just being great people! The
smiles and fun I get being around you all is priceless and something I
cherish greatly!

Much love to you all!