[Archers] WoW incident

Janyn Fletcher janynfletcher at comcast.net
Mon Oct 14 06:22:10 PDT 2013

Well told COG and it still amazes me how people simply walk into active
ranges and trust they won't be hit! I see it a few times each year and it
just amazes me. A few years back at Kingdom archery championships the event
was held at an archery/gun range and during the shoot the head of the
facility wearing all camo popped out of the woods right in front of us
shooting. We called hold and he said "oh no please keep shooting, I'm
watching you all." Really?

Sounds like this was handled correctly. I ask that we not yell and scream at
people when we can but when they are 100 yards away, that makes it
difficult. Also it amazes me how one person being selfish (knowing they are
or not) can stop the complete activity until they are taken care of. Glad
you all noticed and were watching, this is what our jobs are as marshals!

Thanks for the report COG,