[Archers] Archers Digest, Vol 121, Issue 10

Fen & Michelle mobishob at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 10:20:22 PDT 2013

I agree entirely with Her Excellency, except in one regard. Of the top of my head, I can recall three experiences where Atlantia just screwed over the archery community. Won't go into details on all of them on a public page, but just one example: one of our Archery MICs was publicly slandered across multiple elists by a Knight. His baronage lied to Crown and swept it under the rug and his peers all looked the other way. She's been left to twist in the wind with not even a mention by Altlantia's leadership.

Maybe its no big deal to some of you, and a few may faint over "drama". But this woman has spent the last 15 years tirelessly running archery practices and introducing newcomers into the SCA. She's the reason I am a member. And I can't go to Court anymore because VIPs will stand up and talk about Honor and Courtesy and all I'll be able to think of is how they simply ignored what was done to her. One of my goals was to become a Yellow Scarf in Rapier, but I how can I take an Oath of Loyalty to Atlantia and its Crown when they all just look the other way?

And thats just one of three, I'm sure most of us have similar experiences.

So yes, there is alot more we could be doing, but the kindgom needs to meet us halfway. Otherwise, I'm cool just hanging on the range and shooting with my buds, I can easily choose to no longer care about all the other stuff.

Sorry, I kept my mouth shut during the Ymir nonsense, but this really needed to be said.

Cheers
Fen

Atlantian Archery. Nothing exists within 100 yards without our permission.