[Archers] Submitting scores for IKAC or Royal Rounds

jaynardone at comcast.net jaynardone at comcast.net
Thu Oct 3 04:07:55 PDT 2013

All, this is why I sent what I did.

Firstly thank you Miles and no worry. Im sorry that my typo caused you concern, that is what I get for posting on migrane meds.....

Let me clarify, I posted this reminder not because there was any cheating or my thoughts of wrong doing. I had gotten a few questions from some of our new marshals and MiT's over the past few weeks and thought I would simply post to assure we are all on the same sheet going forward. Also I witnessed a group mistakenly using the 80cm targets for RR instead of the 60cm ones, this was an honest mistake and we corrected that.

The section I posted about "offical" vs non offical really had nothing to do with royal rounds or IKAC. I was simply including it again because of questions on the social media policy. As long as we are following our rules of 2 people present and one of them being a marshal, Im good. If this takes place outside of an "offical event" so be it.

To answer Master Siegfried's question. My intent for the handbook was to be a one stop place for anyone to obtain archery information in Atlantia. The information within should reflect current rules and information for anyone concerned with archery in Atlantia. I never had any intent of trying to make it supercede Atlantian law and whats formally contained there. With that said we all know how slowly the rules changes can be and how much time can pass before they are updated. So there my be times where we agreed to change the rules but those changes are not reflected in the book of law. The new range safety rules is a good example of this. We were imposing those new safety zones but it took well over a year before that language showed up in the rules.

So again, no disrespect was meant to anyone, Im sorry if it was taking that way. It is my job to assure that everyone is in the know and up to speed. I realize this might sound like preaching sometimes but I think it is important we all are on the same mindset. I try very hard to visit all of our local groups and events but not everyone is there at the same time so this is the medium I have to pass information. My heart and thoughts are firstly about keeping Atlantia archery safe, fun and fair for us all!