[Archers] Question regarding crossbows in Atlantia

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Wed Nov 6 19:54:38 PST 2013

Karl said it more elegantly.  But:

* 150lb is common
* 125lb is also common
* 90lb is the lightest I would recommend for target use (though I know
some people who use 70lb for target and do VERY well)

A 150lb crossbow doesn't tear up a target any more than a 70lb crossbow.

(Heck, I have a 205lb crossbow, and it doesn't do any more damage).
With the target points that we are using, the only potential problem is
increasing chances of blow-through.  And that's a problem you decide
upon yourself.

I will say that 99% of targets in Atlantia are well designed with 150#
crossbows in mind.  If you go above that, it's at your own 'loss of
bolts and score' risk :)

Siegfried