[Archers] Question regarding crossbows in Atlantia

Charles Sprouse sprousecp at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 18:57:37 PST 2013

Andres, the real question, as someone alluded to, is whether you plan on using this crossbow for both target and combat, or just target.  If you plan on using it for combat, then you will need to make sure the combination of prod weight and draw length result in an in-lb. rating less than 600, which for a fairly standard designed crossbow equates to around 75ish lbs. for prod weight give or take.  Now, if you are referring to a target only crossbow then we are talking a whole different story.  110lbs is a bit above average, but by no means out of the norm.  There are several crossbow shooters in this kingdom going heavier than that, including myself.  Several I know of in the 105-130 range, and a couple more.  Both myself and Master Jonathas shoot about 145 lb prods and Baron Siegried goes even higher than that, but he also uses inhumanely long bolts  :-P.   Anyway, the long and short of the whole thing is that if you are comfortable pulling
 the 110 lb prod, and by capable I don't just mean you can conk it a few times, but can do it fairly easily, enough so that it doesn't hinder you on speed shoots, then by all means go with it.  You won't find many marshals in this area complain too much about high-poundage crossbows because there are enough of us now they have gotten use to it and the standard target backers we use have adapted to it.  Anyway, sorry for the rambling answer, hope this helps.  If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Yours In Service,
Karl von Konigsberg

P.S.:  If you haven't already selected/decided on where you are buyng said crossbow, there are several great people making them up here in the Maryland/northern Virginia area if you want me to give you more info let me know...