[Archers] Archery at Ymir

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Tue Jan 29 16:07:52 PST 2013

Your Majesties,
I feel very strongly compelled to respond to your post.  It is
inconceivable to me that the MIC for Ymir, who states he has 15 years
doing so, is unaware of 2 previous Atlantian Deputy Earl Marshal for
target archery in his "neighborhood", myself and Lorelei and refused the
assistance of the current Atlantian DEM for archery as individuals he
has "no trust in".  Lorelei and myself have run archery at Ymir in past
years, within the 15 year time period, as well as Allen of Woulfhou who
replaced me briefly as Atlantian Target Archery DEM.  If we are Kingdom
level officers of an activity there should be no issues of any MIC
trusting our competence in running our respective activities at an
event.

As for profanity on the Facebook page, no excuse, and it should not have
happened.  As was called for on the archery list, civility even though
the event MIC was displaying none (personal opinion based of reading the
series of posts on the Facebook page) was uncalled for by any member of
the archery list.

But I personally firmly believe this calls into order a larger issue,
the unsuitability of some autocrats and event MICs.  I have proposed a
solution, a one hour class covering the space requirements, marshalling
process (so as to convey trust in MICs and autocrats), and a general
"this is what we do" for all for all autocrats and event MICs.  The Ymir
MIC self confessed even after 15 years of MICing Ymir he had no
knowledge of happenings on the archery/live weapons range.  Personally I
find this inexcusable, but that's just me.  I am an archer but I know,
generally, what happens in a heavy lyst field.  Is it beyond expectation
that an event MIC know what, generally speaking, happens on the activity
field of each event they MIC?

I believe this entire situation should not have happened but did due to
a total lack of knowledge on the part of the event MIC who self
insinuated (on Facebook) that he would not be in attendance at the
event.  (I remain unsure how one can claim to be the event MIC but not
in attendance to said event.)

With all respect,
THL Christphe of Grey