[Archers] MiC Qualifications - was: Re: Ymir & Archery

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Mon Jan 28 14:22:47 PST 2013

> Autocrats typically select sites.  The SHOULD know the basic
> requirements for all activities that may occur at their event.  Or at a
> minimum be aware of the requirements for various activities so they can
> be more selective about the sites they consider.

NOTE: This highly depends upon the group.  In some (such as Highland
Foorde), the entire Barony works together to find sites, the Heavy
Marshal, Archery Marshal, Rapier Marshal, Autocrat, Seneschal, etc will
go out to do site visits together and see if a site is suitable, and if
so, what activities could happen there, and in what locations.

We even have a 'site finding committee' (ok, it's a couple people), who
keep an eye open for new sites we haven't run into yet and to do initial
investigations.

> I feel the next major step, and I perceive it to be a seriously major
> step, is to initiate a warrant process for autocrats and a level 2
> warrant for those desiring to be an event MIC.

And while I do see this as a desirable step in relation to these
discussions.  I see potential pitfalls, such as:

1) That this could not be a 1-time class, but would have to be an
ongoing warranting, just like with the marshals.

2) It would create an extra layer onto our volunteer society, that
already is straining to find fresh, non-burned out, volunteers, with
dwindling numbers.

Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia