[Archers] MiC Qualifications - was: Re: Ymir & Archery

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Sat Jan 26 18:38:37 PST 2013

OMG!!!!!!  Leave it to His Excellency Siegfried to bring up the most
ugly word in SCA existance, DELEGATION!  Wait! Let me stuff cotton in my
ears.......

Obviously that is the PRIME source of this entire thread of discussion,
delegation, and the ability to delegate effectively.  I'm a corporate
trainer and this is one of the courses I offer.  How sad to see that the
simple matter of effective delegation, let me put that in the context of
the original seed for this thread - trust, is not well understood in the
SCA.

OK, I made a joke out of Siegfired's comment but is not delegation a
major part of any MIC or autocrat's job?  In my past I was a combat
archer.  I spent a great deal of time around the heavies doing many
other heavy related things.  I have never been warranted as a heavy
marshal but I know pretty much what goes on in their world.  No, I do
not know the inner workings of a Bedford tourny but I do understand the
basic for a bear pit, melee and the other schinanigans the heavies do on
their field.  But more importantly, I KNOW heavy marshals who can do the
job!

So point well taken but then would not a simple familiarization with the
"other" activities be in order for anyone assuming the role of event
MIC?

cog