[Archers] Crossbow Triggers - was: Re: Pennsic and Atlantian Archery

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Tue Aug 6 19:09:30 PDT 2013

I second Jonathas' comments here.  There is one individual at Pennsic who
shoots a rifle stocked, triggered crossbow with a rear sight with lots of
color tape on it.  One year Squirrel actually held the bow up and proclaimed
that it was legal.  If the individual who owns the bow could actually hit
the ground with it I  would be concerned.  But as Jonathas states, Atlantian
crossbowmen, with their weapons of the evil ( smile ), outshoot him
definitively.  Let them try anything to compete, it still doesn't work. Let
us remember the score at the champion's shoot this year.  After the team
shoot of 10 stations the East, Atlantia as its allies, was 1000 points
ahead!

Cog

PS:  [Jonathas authorized comment to follow]  In the days of the challenge
seasonal shoot cog actually out shot Jonathas.  The challenge was shooting
at a soda bottle with a weapon not usually used.  Thus Jonathas shot with a
handbow and cog shot with a crossbow!  But now days cog can still pull a
REAL bow so chooses to shoot handbow.  Hahahahahahaha  I love it that we can
joke like this and still have a deep respect for each other.  I really mean
that!