[Archers] ATLatl discussion and rules completion

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Tue Aug 6 08:58:01 PDT 2013

On 8/5/13 7:53 PM, Janyn Fletcher wrote:
> 1.       Use of the bigger FITA target for RR.
[...]
> 1.       Use of the bigger FITA (90m)  target as the Royal Round target.

Just for clarification.  Are we talking about using the 80cm or 122cm
FITA target?   There isn't a 90cm face, and I'm assuming that we don't
want a 90m face.  (That would be hard to back ;) )

FITA faces come in 4 standard sizes (You can see many of them here:
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/targets/archery-targets/target-faces.html?manufacturer=2102)

* 40cm (used in the winter shoot)
* 60cm (used in Royal Rounds)
* 80cm
* 122cm

Previous discussions that we had had on AtlAtls 'way back when'.   Was
talking about using the 122cm face.

The 80cm face:
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/maple-leaf-ta-80cm-fita-target-face.html

Is awkwardly sized for our use.  It's bigger than the 60cm, but not
'much', and won't fit on any backstop/butt easily.

The 122cm face:
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/maple-leaf-ta-122cm-fita-target-face.html

Has some very good benefits to it.  It is essentially 4ft x 4ft

Which means, that it's VERY easy to set up as a target (I've used them a
bunch in doing clout shoots).  As all you need to do, is go buy a 4x8
sheet of blue or pink foam.   Cut it in half, double it up, and add the
face.   Done.   A few reflector poles or wooden stakes on the side and
duct taped to this, and it's easy to setup/tear down.

Add cardboard sandwiches, if you want it to last longer.

Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia