[Archers] ATLatl discussion and rules completion

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Mon Aug 5 10:07:32 PDT 2013

Good afternoon everyone, I want to start working off the items I sent out
last week from my "to do" list. So the first up is the completion of the
ATLATL rules for Royal Rounds. I went back through all of our discussions
last year and this is the gist of what I took away from it.

1.       Use of the bigger FITA (90m)  target as the Royal Round target.

2.       6 Darts per end

3.       Range will be same as the archery to allow both being shot/thrown
at once on adjacent ranges if need be (20 yards, 20 yards timed, 30 yards,
40 yards)

4.       Scoring will be 10,9,8,7,6 ? Gold,red,blue,black,white?

My take is that yes the scores will be lower than archery, who cares? We
need to start somewhere and I think keeping the yardages the same with the
bigger target will accommodate this. I have seen many who are decent with
Atlatl throw them 40 yards or so and look how hard 40 yards is for most
archers.

Am I missing something? I don't want to start this discussion from scratch
but I want to complete this discussion so if you have comments or concerns
please lets discuss. I would like to close this topic and move on by 23
August.