[Archers] SAAD VII

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Sun Apr 28 07:47:43 PDT 2013

Yesterday was a GREAT day for me at SAAD VII.  It was supposed to be
rainy and nasty but the rain held off until after all the shooting was
done.  When it finally did rain it only rained lightly for about 30
minutes after all the shooting was finished then stopped.  The best part
for me was seeing all my fellows of the bow from up North.  I shot the
course with "the man with no vowels" (Ghijskijn), Grimm, one gentle who
was also merchanting (didn't get his name) and the lovely Kateryna atte
Hagenes of Trimaris.  She came to SAAD to get some ideas as she will be
the MIC for the next TAD (Trimrian Archer Day).  She kept pace with the
rest of us with her shooting!  Lorelei and crew set an interesting,
challenging course and the targets held up well.

The only seriously frightful event of the day was Moog!  When he emerged
from his tent there was a collective "God save us" throughout the camp!
However he won best primative of the atlatlist.  However we all figure
Moog's motto is "No sun shall ever touch this body!".  You see Moog's
arm pits are mostly likely darker than the rest of him.  (If you need
clarification about any of this contact Fen, this list.  :-)  )  We
tried something new at the atlatl battle.  Instead of hay bales, which
have worked fine in the past but cost about $5 - $6 per, we used large
boxes available at Home Depot at $1.50 each.  They worked just fine and
were much easier for everyone to move.  We had 7 per side, 6 warriors
and 1 shaman.  The total count in the spectator gallery was 42!
Kateryna was one of the spectators and I commented to her "You don't
have THIS in Trimaris."  To which she replied "I think we need to import
this!".

All in all a good day of shooting, great companionship, good folks, and
better weather than forecast.

cog