[Archers] Fwd: [Sacredstone] A&S at Southern Atlantian Archery Day VII (April 26- 28)

Lorelei Elkins ladygreenleafe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 12:06:51 PDT 2013

Don't forget.....

Greetings unto the lists!

Southern Atlantian Archery Day is well known in our archery communities,
but there is an A&S side to the event as well! The theme for the event this
year is the Crusades, and this theme will take hold within the A&S
competitions as well.

We have 3 A&S competitions for our artists and artisans to show their
skills.

First, there is a "Best Primitive Garb" competition. This competition will
take place *during* the atlatl battle and is our only competition not
themed with the Crusades. We want people to come out and see atlatl in
action! Atlatl had it's "hay day" in Aztec society with stone-tipped
projectiles capable of penetrating even the Spanish steel plate armor.
"Primitive Garb" can really mean anything from pre-historic (since there
are records of atlatl dating back to the Upper Paleolithic age), but extra
points will be given for those sporting period Aztec garb. Documentation is
requested (and graded) but not required for entry.

Next, there will be a static A&S competition called, "From Here to There".
Basically, you can enter anything used to carry items while on the
Crusades, especially quivers and bow socks. While it isn't limited to
archery items, those are preferred. Documentation is requested (and graded)
but not required for entry.

Last, we have our bardic, which has become quite popular at this event!
This year, the theme is "Letters Home". Basically, these represent letters
that would be sent from the Crusades back to the family and loved ones
waiting at home. You can present them as a story, poem, dramatic reading
(!!!), play, song, or any other performing arts medium. Also, they can be
from the viewpoint of the person writing the letter from the Crusades, or
from the perspective of the receiver at home. Musical accompaniment is
always nice. Documentation is neither required or graded in this
competition.

I hope to see all of you there and look forward to seeing what our artists
and artisans can come up with this year! :-)

--
Yours, in Service and Art,
*Seigneur Etienne Le Mons d'Anjou*