[Archers] PVC Pipe Bows

Gordon Kinnie am_piobaire at comcast.net
Sun Sep 16 12:49:46 PDT 2012

Ok, I have to comment.
Regardless of safety issues with these PVC bows, and most of my concerns
have been addressed in previous emails.
PVC pipe bows in no way make a period acceptable appearance. As per the SCA
rules, I make every attempt to make sure the bows on my range have an
appearance of a Medieval bow.  This includes taping over holes in the metal
risers for some modern bows, and recommending a more permanent solution.
We in Atlantia try to make sure that our appearance on the range is period,
that we play in the Spirit of the game and it is in our rules to not allow
any modern style crossbows or handbow.
While I may, after a vigorous inspection, allow one of these bows on my
range for one time, I will most certainly offer another solution to using it
again.  PVC pipe is PVC pipe and I can not think of a way to make it not
look like PVC pipe.
My two cents worth.

Godai