[Archers] PVC Pipe Bows

Janyn Fletcher janynfletcher at comcast.net
Sun Sep 16 07:44:39 PDT 2012

Jerry, either I wasn't clear or you misunderstood my comment. What I meant
by "fiberglass bow" was a rod bow made from fiberglass rods. I think that is
what I posted? Those were not intentionally made to be bows but many of us
have seen them. I agree with your comments and want to point out to all of
our marshals that safety is our first concern, period! I don't want to just
shoot down issues by saying no immediately. This is where you will hear me
preach that I expect you all to use your best judgments and common sense. If
we start seeing issues I would have no problem banning them immediately.
Jerry I understand you might be a newer marshal but I know there are plenty
of experienced marshals like myself out there as well. You will be one of
them in no time for sure. If you are alone and you come across an issue you
think is unsafe, then call it. I will tell you without waiver I will back
everyone of my marshals when they rule on the side of safety! I can't stress
that enough. What I don't want to happen is Marshals running shooters off
because they themselves didn't understand our rules or were unsure of them
(different subject all together, sorry... :)   )

So hope this helps. What you described about the PVC bow also holds true for
almost every bow you see. None of us know when a bow is going to fail unless
there are some very obviously signs. I have been shooting archery for 37
years now and I can tell you that most I have seen fail were complete
surprises and there were even a few that were almost brand new.