[Archers] Known World stuff - follow up

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Fri Sep 14 10:46:10 PDT 2012

Having spent my afternoon reading all 1000 plus emails, I am now,
mostly, up to date on this discussion.  As past SSBs have been a,
somewhat, joint effort of all kingdoms attending Pennsic, or at least
offered to all, I see no reason that concept can not be continued.  As
for who is the actual lead kingdom, I think rotating it is a good idea.
My main caveat to that is that the quality as set by Atlantian be
maintained.  But if other kingdoms are sharing/trading off the actually
organization and running there isn't much Atlantia can do to enforce
quality other than have input.  But advice is like.........well we have
all heard that comment!  So let us hope that Atlantia has set the bar at
a level the other kingdoms will strive to at least achieve if not excel!

As for the KWAC, I see no reason this competition could not be done and
should not be done in a multi-kingdom mode as well.  The other model for
this is the Known World Scribal Symposium.  This event rotates around
all the kingdoms in the SCA.  My lady and I attended one in London,
England.  More recently, it was held right in our backyard in North
Carolina.  No reason the KWAC could not be done in similar fashion.  If
an archer is really just dying to prove to the known world they are the
best, then they travel to where it is being held.  Kinda like Olympic
athletes.  You go where the competition is.

cog