[Archers] Known World Stuff

barysears barysears at verizon.net
Fri Sep 7 12:22:28 PDT 2012

Sorry!  There is absolutely nothing wrong with St. Sebastian.  It
reflects well on the spirit of cooperation that Atlantia can get 140-odd
people together for days of fun and totally succeed.

You can't talk about the Champions Shoot at Pennsic without getting into
politics.  I know rumors of at least one archer who changed Kingdoms in
order to get into the Champions Shoot.  You can't talk about deciding
against a Known World shoot at Pennsic without getting into politics, or
about archers not taking their gear to Pennsic.  Pennsic is politics
and, unfortunately, Atlantia is only an Ally and not a Principal.  It
sucks, but Atlantia doesn't get an equal share in the decision-making
process.  It would be nice to move beyond the original premise of
Mid-Realm vs. East Kingdom, plus Allies, but I don't see it happening.

I really hope that there will be another St. Sebastian shoot next
Pennsic and that it will be a 'fun' shoot and not a 'super competitive'
shoot. And, I hope that a 'Known World' archery event can be held
outside of Pennsic (which, let's face it, holds a patent on 'Known
World') that features Atlantian virtues of inclusiveness.

barre