[Archers] Known World stuff

Janyn Fletcher janynfletcher at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 10:58:01 PDT 2012

Okay a few things here. I'm not sure where the politics are coming in as
well but I want to clear a few things up that I am reading to set the record
straight.

1.       The St. Sebastians and Known world shoots were thought about and
actually discussed long before the fall of 2010 by myself, Godai and Seamus.
I still have the original emails that I sent out starting the discussion
topic. We then discussed it with COG and a few others to get input and it
was opened to the forums. I have no energy to "see who's is bigger" on the
matter but the facts are the facts. Not sure why this is even important?

2.       I'm unclear to your reference of opposition to the known world
shoot??? St. Sebastians was born as a starting point to show what Atlantia
could do and what we consistently do in our novelty shoots. My discussions
with Lorelei and the leads from the Mid and East were always that Atlantia
would conduct the first and then it would rotate through the other Kingdoms
so no one kingdom would have to host multiple years in a row. I don't
remember you ever being present at any of those discussions I held so Im
confused?

3.       I never stated that there would not be a St. Sebastians shoot. My
statement was that I would not lead the St. Sebastian's shoot next year if
for some odd reason the other Kingdoms asked us too. Right now, the East
knows they or the Mid are up to run it. Either way I am shifting my focus to
the Known World Shoot as it is something that I have always aspired to pull
off. Why is this troubling to you in any way? Why would you care? No one has
made any final decisions on anything and I would ask that you don't jump to
conclusions prior to discussion. It was Atlantia's baby to kick it off which
we have done two years in a row, if there is signs that it will fall on the
floor I'm sure we will take it again to make sure it happens (I'm pretty
sure that is what my post stated?)

So once again I will ask that we communicate with each other and not hang on
every word I say. I know this was not the direction I was posting about in
my lat post and I don't wish to turn something positive into negative
things. So let me recap here once again to make sure I am very clear.

1.       Right now next year's St. Sebastian's shoot will be run either by
the East or the Mid as we planned from the start. If they falter we will
have the chance of stepping in to run it again. If that happens I will not
be the MIC for it next year because I am focusing on the Known World Shoot
and I would like to give someone else the chance to run it if they would
like from Atlantia.

2.       The Known World Shoot is not intended to replace the St.
Sebastian's shoot, but if it is to be as grand as planned, I'm not sure how
we would pull off two of them in a limited time and space at Pennsic. In any
event this is in the planning stages and I am just starting to talk to the
other Kingdoms about this.