[Archers] Marshal's training classes

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Sun Sep 2 11:07:22 PDT 2012

Brothers and Sisters of the Bow. I wanted to take a minute and get the word
out to everyone. Some of you talked to me at Pennsic about the process of
renewing the Marshal's class. I understood the concerns and actually sat
down and discussed these items with Baroness Lynette, the Society Earl
Marshal for Target Archery.

The bottom line is that there will be no "automatic" or online renewals for
marshal classes. The concern is that I loose visibility and active control
in the process and assuring that our marshals are getting and understanding
the new changes that come along to our rules and laws. Also as promised to
some, I discussed with her using uneven as class update for the marshals in
attendance. This was something that Lorelei was kind enough to do for those
of us that attended Un-Event, but I was instructed to not continue this
practice unless the actual class was being conducted at the event. So this
year we won't be counting Unevent as a marshals update session.

The bottom line is that both of us agreed that 2 hours in 3 years is not too
much to ask for renewal of the marshal's class. I think all of us can use
the refresher as I find from time to time that even our more senior marshals
are not fully aware of the most recent changes to the rules and laws. This
is something that we all need to be on the same page about and enforce as a
team.

So just wanted to let everyone know that I did discuss this with Lynette and
we will work this out going forward. My goal is to always provide an archery
track at University of as many archery related classes as we can. I ask all
of you that want to help to please volunteer not only for teaching a class
but also to lead the track once or twice, I can't always be there and the
help would be appreciated! This university is the first in the last 4 years
I can remember that we only have one archery class being offered, I
understand this is most likely due to the scheduling conflict with another
event but still I don't want this to continue.

Thanks!

In Service,

Janyn Fletcher