[Archers] More on PVC Bows

Garth Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Tue Oct 9 11:19:48 PDT 2012

M'Lord Christoph,

Yes, and as you point out, that sort of damage can be invisible. It
might be possible that leaving it in the back window of a car for a few
days would be enough to stress the bow to the breaking point when drawn
even if it is wrapped. I have a little fiberglass camp bow in my dead
bow collection that is twisted like a licorice whip, I suspect from
cooking in a hot car.

OTOH, a bow that is wrapped could have a stress crack we can't see
during inspection. At least a wrapped bow isn't likely to spread
shrapnel around if it breaks.

Yours Aye,

Mungo