[Archers] Lochmere Arrow Guidelines

Gordon Kinnie am_piobaire at comcast.net
Wed May 16 14:56:58 PDT 2012

Ok, I drafted some guidelines, not rules for the Lochmere arrow.

This is based on the discussion ongoing.

I agree that no hard fast rules be implemented but maybe guidelines will
work.

So discuss away and I will update and we can determine if this is what we
want.

Also, I would love to add more history if we have it.

Godai

Lochmere Arrow Competition Guidelines.

History

 The Lochmere Arrow has been a competition between the Baronies of Atlantia
for over 15 years. A team from each Barony was fielded, nominally

made up of the Barons, Baronesses or seneschals of the baronies.  The shoot
consisted of royal round targets.

  As the popularity in the shoot and Atlantian archery has grown, teams were
made up of the top archers in each Barony, still fielding one team for

 a Barony.  The shoot continued to evolve into a competition between
Baronies/Shires/Cantons of Atlantia, with each group fielding as many teams

 as they could with the sponsoring team designing a challenging course of
targets.

Guidelines

1.	Teams

a.	The Lochmere Arrow competition is between teams of two archers
representing any group from Atlantia.  This may be a

 Barony/Shire/Canton/Collage/Stronghold or any other registered group that
is willing to sponsor the next shoot if they win.

b.	All groups may field as many teams as they would like in the
competition.
c.	Persons within the team do not have to be from the same group, it is
recommended, but need to represents one group.
d.	The sponsoring team may opt to defend their championship, it is
expected that the sponsoring team has a slight advantage,

 but this should be minimized by not pre-shooting or using known distances.

2.	Targets

a.	Choice of target style is left to the discretion of the sponsoring
team.
b.	Targets may be designed that require a team approach and strategy.
c.	 Between 5 and 8 stations should be designed to facilitate dozens of
teams in the competition.

3.	General

a.	The winning team should plan the next Lochmere arrow shoot within
the next calendar year after winning the event.
b.	If weather events disrupt the planned shoot the sponsoring team
should try to schedule the shoot at the earliest opportunity

 in conjunction with another known archery event and published to the
archers community as best as possible.

c.	Unless specified in the rules of the shoot archers may use multiple
bow types during the shoot.
d.	The winning team is required to update the arrow cresting and the
history of the Lochmere Arrow.