[Archers] Peerage

Cameron deGrey camerondegrey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:19:41 PDT 2012

My 2¢:

When I joined the SCA in around 89 in An-Tir, I wanted to get into combat archery. Until I saw first hand how little respect they got on the field.

I hope things have changed since then.

But if that sentiment exists in some percentage, I find it hard to believe that a combat archer with the equal relative skill as a heavy, would be picked first to be a squire. Further, we have to be an amazing archer relatively.

Clearly there are other issues to be considered in the selection process. I do not dismiss them.

I am adding an observation not to throw flame on the fire, but in hopes that the mentality has changed. I would appreciate being proved wrong.

Yours,
Cameron deGrey

:Thwip: 'a message for you sir'