[Archers] smokin'

Garth Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Fri Jun 29 06:29:58 PDT 2012

Noble friends,

Somewhere I heard that the general policy is that smoking shouldn't be
done at all where it can be viewed by the garbed populace. In other
words, "behind the barn" is o.k. I was surprised to see someone light up
right in front of the presiding baroness at an event a couple of years
back. This seemed very rude (or at least thoughtless), especially since
the smoker could have walked 100 or so feet to be beyond the event area
to have their puffs. I was even more surprised that the baroness
permitted this, probably not wanting to start a row in public.

Yours aye,

Mungo