[Archers] Leadership Change?

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 08:15:46 PDT 2012

I guess they made some changes under King Michael.  I wasn't quite paying attention when it happened, but the DEM position is now "Officer of State".  I was reminded of this when Sir Otto told me that the office was 3 years and not 2, now that it was changed.

Here's the way it is written in Atlantian Law.

4.4   The Officers of State
4.4.3   4.4.3 The Officers of State reporting to theKingdom Earl Marshal are:
• Minister of the Lists (KMOL) • Deputy EarlMarshal for Armored Combat (DEM-Armored) • Deputy Earl Marshal for RapierCombat (DEM-Rapier) • Deputy Earl Marshal for Combat Archery (DEM-CombatArchery) • Deputy Earl Marshal for Siege Combat (DEM-Siege) • Deputy EarlMarshal for Equestrian Activities(DEM-Equestrian) • Deputy Earl Marshal for Target Archery (DEM-Target Archery) •Deputy Earl Marshal for Thrown Weapons (DEM- Thrown Weapons) • Deputy EarlMarshal for Youth Armored Combat (DEM-Youth Armored) • Deputy Earl Marshal forYouth Rapier Combat (DEM-Youth Rapier)

And: 4.5   Duties andResponsibilities of Officers of State
The Officers of State shall:
• Advise their Great Officer of State onmatters pertaining to their office • Submit such reports as are required bytheir Great Officer of State and the laws of the Kingdom. • Attend Curia Regis• Attend Unevent and host any meetings as required by their Great Officer ofState • Supervise and coordinate the actions of their office, and, whenapplicable, their branch officers • Perform additional duties andresponsibilities as defined by their Great Officer of State to whom eachreports
4.6   Regalia and Records as OfficeProperty
All records and regalia accruing to any office are property ofthe office and must be transmitted to the new officer within ten (10) days ofany change of office.
5.16.2   Duties of the Discipline SpecificDeputies to the Earl Marshal
The discipline specific deputies are: Armored Combat, Rapier,Combat Archery, Siege, Equestrian, Target Archery, Thrown Weapons, YouthArmored Combat and Youth Rapier Combat. In addition to those duties andresponsibilities common to all Officers of State and those set forth inCorpora, the Deputy Earl Marshal for each discipline shall:

Serve as part of the chain of      appeals for issues related to their discipline

Understand and enforce the      rules, conventions and policies covering their discipline

Propose change in policy for      the office as needed

Communicate to the populace      as needed through the Kingdom’s Electronic Newsletter supplement, the      Kingdom Announcements List and/or the Kingdom web site

Run the Unevent marshal’s      sessions for their discipline

Warrant marshals for their      discipline under the Earl Marshal’s authority

Monitor event reports and      track any on-going issues within their discipline

Lead investigations into      issues dealing with their discipline

Run minor authorizations for      their discipline as needed