[Archers] Seasonal challenge

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Wed Jan 11 12:36:53 PST 2012

Good question.  Using your example below, the shaft count would be 21.  Said
differently, the total shaft count is the count of all shafts that scored at
each distance passed.  Thus, using your example again, the shaft count at
the 30 yard end would NOT be added in.  I like your idea for adding in the
missed distance shafts to the total shaft count but let's try it without
adding those in to see how it goes.

Now as for the teeny targets at distance, blame Jonathas!  I know our Achery
Goddess (Lorelei) loves that type of target but for those us (that would be
me for starters) who can't even SEE those tiny things out there, it becomes
pure luck!

And to go along with the discussion about the new pairings for this year's
Pennsic and who makes the master's team, I would say any Atlantian archer
who successfully scores this shoot at 55 yards or beyond is a ringer for the
team!

cog