[Archers] archery peerage

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Fri Feb 17 18:34:01 PST 2012

> Also, is there really anything that prevents an archer from asking to
> squire out to a knight now?  Granted, you will prob never be elevated,
> but you could be a sponge and soak up all the knowledge for the archery
> community to put to use. And it would make a strong point.

It happens; however, it's very rare.  Given that the Knighthood is
specifically, by SCA Law, only allowed to award those for 'Tournament
Rattan Combat' ... It's kind of awkward for for a Knight to take a
'squire' who is not, at all, a rattan fighter.

Most situations that I know, the person was ALSO a rattan fighter,
though their focus was primarily archery.

It's much more common, for an archer to Protege to a Pelican, or
Apprentice to a Laurel.  Specifically for those 'related arts'.

Siegfried  -  Previously both Apprenticed & Protege'd to two different
people, before stepping up as Landed Baron and having to relinquish
those relationships for the time being.