[Archers] Waivers required or not?

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Tue Dec 4 17:23:26 PST 2012

Good evening all, as promised I have talked with many key Officers tonight,
to include Rozsa the Kingdom Seneschal and Sir Otto about this waiver issue.
As much as I wanted it to be my decision it seems it is really not. The SCA
has levied new rules for what they call "official announcements" and more
will be coming concerning the use of "social media" such as Facebook and the
like to advertise SCA events and information. The word I now understand is
we have 2 ways of looking at things, this is what I was told;

1.       If we advertise "official" practices or events on any site that is
considered "official", we must complete waivers for non-members and youth,
period...

2.       If you don't advertise practices on your branch web pages or other
media sites considered official by the new rules, you will not be required
to complete waivers...

So, it seems this is out of my hands as I can't provide guidance that is
encompassing to all. I would hate to not advertise practices only to save
completion of some paperwork. Waivers are good for a month and don't need to
be done each time the same archers show up. They only need to be updated and
then submitted at the end of the month.

So that is all I know at this point. I can tell you from my Webminster
efforts there is more of this stuff to come and I still have no clue in hell
how the Kingdom is going to manage all of these waivers? Maybe they will get
enough complaints to change things, but at this point it seems we are stuck
with this.

So to be clear, if you advertise Archery practice on your branch web page or
even advertise it on Facebook with the SCA in the title, you WILL be
required to complete and submit waivers.

If I hear anything different, I will let you know..