[Archers] Pennsic Champion's Team report

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Sat Aug 11 17:51:25 PDT 2012

I wanted to send a short report out on this year's Champion's team. I first
of all want to thank everyone that came out to try out and support the
Champion's team. This year was one of those strange ones and in the end
Atlantia had 15 Atlantian's on the Champions team. We were allowed 20
primaries with 4 alternates. I want to thank Lord Ghijskijn for his
assistance with practices, it was a big help to me and freed me up to pay
attention to those that we did not know of their abilities. There was some
confusion this year on the part of our Ally's Archer General. It turned out
that he was very distracted (he was elevated to Pelican during Pennsic) and
did no prior planning. During the Champion's shoot we discovered that a
complete team of 4 was missing from the field. The new Archer General was
continually claiming that the missing team was Atlantian's but I assured him
that all of our primaries were accounted for and actually shooting on the
field. What really upsets me still is that our 4 alternates could have
stepped in and shot but were not asked until after lunch when the roving
range was already torn down and the only remaining targets were the walk-up
and friend/foe.

I sat down with the Archer General yesterday to discuss this mistake and I
think I understand what happened now. Aethelmaerc never had all 20 slots
filled with 4 alternates as he told me again and again. There was never any
roster made as I had worked from the first day of practice. I was instructed
that I needed to carry those from North Shield, Trimaris and Meridies. I did
just that and the other 5 members of our team were comprised of those
individuals but the morning of the shoot he counted 4 of them even though
they were in line in our teams. On top of that he only had 1 alternate to
give when required. So long story short, the Allies lost by roughly 206
points that could have been shot by our alternate team members.

So next year no matter who we are allied with, I press my counterpart much
harder to assure they are on top of things. I want to thank everyone again
who participated, I really enjoyed shooting with you all and I can say that
Atlantia brought it's "A" game as usual! I also noted a few things that we
only have 9 sash's now and need more to complete a team of 20. Also now that
I am apprenticed in metal working and pewter casting, I will make up some
tokens of my thanks for this year's team members and next.

In Service,

THL Janyn Fletcher