[Archers] archery loaner gear and equipment program - a thought

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Tue Apr 24 06:20:01 PDT 2012

I personally purchased 2 adult and 2 child bows of the all black fiberglass
type.  I have more than enough "left over" arrows from my personal
collection to loan out as well.  I specifically selected these bows because
they can be shot left or right handed.  As most here will know, they run
about $35 - $40 each.  HOWEVER, I have recently been introduced to a
potential much lower cost alternative that could easily provide every single
group within our glorious kingdom several loaner bows.  Go to
backyardbowyer.com and watch some of his videos.  He makes bows out of PVC
piping and claims them to be up to 50 pound draw weights.  They look pretty
amazing.  He also covers the issues of bow breakage and some of the causes
for breakage.  So I guess my main purpose of this post is this question - as
the Atlantian archery community, how do we feel about these PVC bows?

cog