[Archers] Archery Tournery on Camp Lejeune

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Wed Apr 11 12:42:58 PDT 2012

should be interesting

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: James Barbour <cricket51965 at yahoo.com>
To: "atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.org" <atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:04 PM
Subject: Archery Tournery on Camp Lejeune

To all my fello archers. This sounds like a lot of fun. If we show in garb, it
could get very interesting.
I am forwarding all the info that I have on this. I know its short notice. But
this is what we live for....

May God have mercy on us for our enemies will have none.

Lord Eoghan O Suileabhain
Archery Marshal
Barony of Raven's Cove

Mrs. Fillpot,

I was contacted about two months ago by the coach for the British Royal Marine
Archery Team to see if our club would be interested in hosting a friendly
competition while he and his group were in town this April. I've been working
with the base since then to try to get the event approved and as of today we've
been given the go-ahead to start advertising for the event!

The Brits will be in town two weeks from now and we will hold the shoot on
Sunday April 22nd from 1:00-3:00 in the afternoon. Their shooters will be using
recurves and longbows, and as a result we have decided to make this a "Trad
Only" event. I'd appreciate it if you could forward the following blurb to your
archers in case anyone might be interested. Thanks for the help and let me know
if you have any questions or concerns.

Chris Driscoll
President
Lejeune Archery Club

The Lejeune Archery Club is proud to announce that we will hold our First Annual
Trad Gathering on April 22, 2012! This event will be open to all recurve and
longbow shooters from the surrounding area and registration will run from 1:00
to 3:00 in the afternoon.

We will be playing host to a contingency from the British Royal Marine Archery
Team that day, and as a result the course will offer a mix of Olympic style
archery and North American 3D that will present a fun challenge for you and your
family. We will shoot a modified 18 meter FITA field round followed by a ten
target 3D course in the woods of Camp Lejeune.

There will be an open and barebow class to accommodate all styles of shooting,
and awards will be given out to the top finisher in each field in addition to
the archer with the highest combined score from each course. Fun rounds are
always encouraged and we will have a "Bust-A-Skeet" and "Long Shot" novelty
shoot to keep things interesting when you are done shooting the courses.

Our range is located on Parachute Tower Road aboard Camp Lejeune (N 34.676876,
-77.338815) and a map of the range can be found at our website:
http://www.mccslejeune.com/archery/index.html. All non DOD personnel will need
to stop at the Visitors Center on Holcomb Blvd with a current Driver's License,
Registration, and Insurance to receive a pass for the day. You can contact us at
972-369-9692 if you have any questions or concerns, thank for looking and I hope
to see you there.