[Archers] Fwd: Mid Atlantian Archery Championship MAAC?

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Wed Oct 12 08:21:27 PDT 2011

Forwarded for Estienne

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Lackey <edeconde at gmail.com>
To: loreleielkins <loreleielkins at aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Oct 12, 2011 7:15 am
Subject: Re: [Archers] Mid Atlantian Archery Championship MAAC?

My 2 cents, please bear with me if I'm repeating the obvious,

I would say the first thing that would be needed is to define exactly
what is needed at a site. If we are expecting folks to fly in, then
either cabins on site or hotel has to be convenient (also convenient
to airport).

So a big field, with cabins or at least a hotel close by.

A wet site is a huge plus in my opinion, but I can survive a dry one
if I have to. YMMV

A site that is usually utilized for archery would be a huge plus, but
not a requirement I don't think. A site that had a variety of terrain
(flat, some hills, maybe light woods?) can make a shoot more
challenging.

Once we have a site, we find a date the site is available that doesn't
conflict with something on the Calendar already. I should also include
we find a group to sponsor the event if the group that the site is in
doesn't wish to.

Then we get to start filling jobs (reservations, troll, liaisons, etc.)

Then we start advertising. The further out we advertise, the better
attendance we can expect.

Then we get to the fun of designing a target course =)

Did I miss anything?

~Estienne

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:13 AM,  <loreleielkins at aol.com> wrote:
> LOL you guys are funny.  Now, let's put the silliness away for a moment and
> think how we can pull off a known world archery event.  It would be a big
> undertaking but one I know we can accomplish, given the talent and
> dedication of the Atlantian Archery Community.
> Ideas?
> Lorelei

Estienne de Condé
Argent, three falcons vert
Supremus totus, Muneris
MKA Steve Lackey

The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody
else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self.
-  Whitney Young (1921 - 1971)