[Archers] BBC archery page

Bill Tait arwemakere at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:42:48 PDT 2011

There is no longbow or traditional class at any of the major international
competitions.

If you start looking at National or Provincial (State) levels, you will find
myriad categories. In the compound classes, sometimes just the length of
your stabilizer will change your category. (You don't use a 30" long
stabilizer when hunting, so that's not allowed in the "Bowhunter" classes).

An interesting side note:

Many (most?) of the recurves used in the SCA would not meet "barebow"
category requirements. Even if elevation markings (ie lines of tape) are not
used, wood-grained risers that have any blemishes or markings on the back
(facing the archer) would not meet the rules (FITA and probably NFAA). Even
natural wood grain would have to be taped over..

Speaking of the CWG, this is likely the reason the English are training with
the schoolchildren making noise. The fans in India (games were in Delhi)
showed no respect for any other country's shooters. They were deliberately
trying to distract the archers when at full draw.

William Arwemakere