[Archers] BBC archery page

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Fri May 27 12:06:53 PDT 2011

Noble Friends of the Bow,

Having a few spare minutes, I was rummaging around on my favorite news
source, the BBC. I discovered that they have a dedicated archery page,
filled with rotating stories, mainly on the Olympics at this point, but
also talking about their 7-medal sweep at the Commonwealth games:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/archery/default.stm .

Per the question asked earlier, the Olympics do not have a compound
competition. Archery is done with recurves, extremely high-tech
recurves. There is a compound category in the Commonwealth Games, as
well as recurves. I did not see any mention of longbows in the article I
read.

This isn't our sort of archery, but some of you may enjoy the articles.

Kind regards,

Lord Mungo Napier