[Archers] challenges

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Wed May 11 06:49:33 PDT 2011

Jonathas,
Now I know why they made you a baron.  A varietal fountain of knowledge.
You see, I haven't shot a crossbow in about 12 years now so I took mine
down and tried a few bolts just to see if I remembered how.  The target
was my regular archery target of stacked foam strips about 3 feet
square.  Well, needless to say, I missed more than I hit.  Very
frustrating.  Then I recalled that most of you crossbowmen sit while
shooting.  Fatigue, old age, rumatiz, don't know, but sit you do.
Watching Gregge is a lot like watching Woody Allen playing his cello in
the marching band!  So I decided to sit while shooting.  And voila!  the
scores.  Now this perplexed me greatly as I did not think I would do so
well.  That is, until your enlightening post today.  Now it all makes
sense.  German crossbowmen.  Yes, that's the key.  You see, I was
sitting on my BEER COOLER and we all know how you Germans love your
beer!  Thanks for the tip!