[Archers] Crescent Guard Games - Autocrat thanks (very long)

Robyn Becker reyne_telarius at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 13:02:24 PDT 2011

Greetings to the populace of Atlantia!!!

To me, writing this letter always proves to be the hardest part of running an event.  NOT because I don't want to write it, or that I don't think people deserve to be thanked.  It's just the opposite!  I don't feel up to the task of properly thanking everyone who donated their time and efforts to help make this event the success that it was.
One thing is certain - to have an awesome event, you have to have an awesome staff.  And I most certainly did!!

I wish to thank the following people for all their help.

Janyn Fletcher - event MiC - who stepped up before I could even asked, was at every planning session, and seemed to be doing just as much if not more than me in prepping for this event.  he did an awesome job, and the event ran smoothly.  He also helped make the arrows handed out as prizes.
Seamus McCrae - target design and construction - without Seamus, there would have been nothing to shoot at.  He found the pictures to match each shoot, transferred them to cardboard, built up the targets once they were painted, and ran around the site Friday afternoon setting them up.  And then tore them all down again Sunday afternoon.  He is priceless!!!
Godai Katsunaga - go-to guy - Godai was everywhere and did everything I needed done.  Helped decide target locations, painted  targets, helped Seamus with set-up and tear down, and basically kept things running smoothly.  He also helped make the arrows handed out as prizes.
Aiden (Jesse Trump) - Aiden is one of our newest members, whom we met on the archery range at the bowmen.  He has recently joined the SCA officially, and was an absolute workhorse.  Despite the fact that he wasn't at the shoot Saturday (he had infield tickets for the Preakness), he was on site early Friday morning, helping with targets, and was instrumental in helping Seamus set up the course for Saturday's shoot.  Then, he came back on Sunday, and helped tear down and pack up the targets, my tent, and the kitchen!!!
Yseulte Trevalyn - Head Troll/reservationist - as expected, Yseulte was her usual pro at Troll.  Despite all the things going on at or around Troll, she and he staff kept things running smoothly
Alexander Fowler - Troll assistant - making sure Yseulte had plenty of help, and giving her breaks as needed
Katarzyna Witkowska and Angel - for taking care of the Pearl Passport stuff, and also, for bringing the 20x20 tent for the inspection area!
Cairell MacCormiac - took care of financial aspects of running this event, including paying the site fee and securing the event earnings!!!
Livia di Samuel - for being Merchant Coordinator and bringing the Sekunjabin Bar
Nina Amaya - Bardic Circle organizer - despite having gigs at another event all weekend, she still came in the evenings and ran fabulous bardic competitions both nights!!!
Aislis inghean ui Briain - for helping collect monies for Saturday night dinner, as well as making those fabulous ceramic tokens for me!
Nichola Blackwell - Friday Night dinner - for feedings the staff, and offering gluten-free options!!
Canton of Green Lion Bay - Saturday Breakfast - specifically, Dave Rice and Challys Withers, who fed us not only Saturday morning, but Sunday as well!!
Chirhart, Bec, Bruce and Rowan and Cook's Guild - Saturday dayboard - for providing us with so much yummy food for lunch!!!  Our archers were extremely well-fed!!!
Barre, Cordelia and Maeve - for providing an outstanding dinner menu.  Also, special thanks to Barre for commisioning and donating the beautiful bowl for the grand prize!!!
Bridgid Cunningham - for helping to collect monies for Saturday dinner

Also, a special thanks to Baron Chirhart and Baroness Bec for supporting me, the archers and this event, even before you stepped up as the Coronets.

I am sure I've missed thanking someone crucial.  If I did, I apologize.  It is not meant as a slight, but simply my still-fuzzy and failing memory.

Finally, thank you to everyone who came out and had a good time this weekend.  Because, no matter how experienced and excellent your staff are, if no one attends your event, it fails.

YIS,
Reyne Telarius
Autocrat, Crescent Guard Games - Homerian Tales

A true friend is someone who knows all your faults and habits, and loves you anyway.
Per chevron purpure and vert, two sheaves of arrows and a griffin argent