[Archers] Legality of large bodkins

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 10:31:42 PDT 2011

Actually, my thoughts turn to atlatl darts, which put rather large holes in
archery targets . . . the only savng grace there is that they so rarely actually
hit the target, the damage is not as extensive as it would be otherwise. It is
best if atlatl players bring their own targets or use an already beat-up archery
target . . .  broadheads destroy everything in their path, witness the targets
butts at the Needwood range once hunting season comes up and hunters get out and
ignore the "no broadhead" signs. Those things will clip right throught the metal
chains holding the backdrop in place and the butts last about a day. But you
could shoot big points right into a regular bale of hay - - is that a period
target?

Original ,Message: 4