[Archers] seasonal challenge rules - there will be an exam next week

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 17:16:28 PST 2011

Ok, thanks Jonathas and Marco, I am finally beginning to get this one, I think!
Tell me if this is right:

It has five ends, the first three (H-O-R) are exactly alike and the last two
(S-E) are timed together . . . and the "points" are the number of arrows it
takes to hit the item twice in each of the first three ends (H-O-R) and then you
turn your stopwatch on and do a double, ie, hit the thing 4 times and count both
the number of arrows that took and also how many seconds that took. . .  and the
points for the fourth end (S) is the 10s digit of the timed round and the points
for the fifth round (E) is the # of arrows for the timed round (which is
actually a "double" because you do the challenge twice together for S and E) . .
. is that it? Am I close?

So this is basically a two-arrow challenge, at each of five ends? In other words
if you are a God of Archery you could do the challenge in 10 arrows, at the
very minimum. And the timed thing is really how many arrows does it take you to
hit the item four times? And add "points" for the length of time, so if it took
you 34 seconds, you add 3 and if it took you 78 seconds add 7 and so on? Is it
always two arrows? You have to hit the thing twice each end? So you win if you
get the lowest "score" overall ???

But here's my problem. This won't work very well for me because I think this is
a guy thing - - I don't think girls talk trash, whatever that is, no matter
whether we are competitive in our minds or not! And before everybody jumps on
me, I'm not trying to be sexist and you know I am as competitve as any of you
guys! But where do you go with this? I like the shoots you are describing, they
sound like fun things to shoot at and that is always a good thing. We can have
fun with these great ideas, that's the kind of playing we do at practices
anyway, like chase the arrow and stuff. But how does this work as a competition
over the course of three months? If I read your original posting correctly, you
win by sheer number of times you try a challenge?

So where do you find these styrofoam balls? (Am I right you were refering to
inch diameters there?)
Thanks for helping me study for the exam. Nuala

Message: 2