[Archers] Queen's Request

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 11:05:46 PDT 2011

Thank you very much for the post, Karl.  In addition to making recommendations for worthy archers, I encourage you all to post on the Mary Rose the archery happenings in your area.  If there is a great shoot, brag about it, play it up and make sure the rest of the world know we are out there.  Somewhere just under 1000 people call Atlantia home (paid members), out of that number at least 250 - 300 participate in archery on a regular basis.  That's a big number of the Kingdom populace.  Make some noise.

During the last Reign and this one, we've done much better at being recognized than previously, for what ever reason.  Keep up the great work folks.  If you are having an event with archery and you are MiC, go out of your way to invite the Royalty to the range.  A little prep work will go a long way toward this.  A simple, "We would love to see you on the range Your Highness/Majesty/Excellency."  Or, thanking them for taking the time to visit the range.  Or saying, "Atlantia's archery community appreciate you stopping by the range...."

Also, if you are MiC for archery at an event, make sure the autocrat and event MiC get a copy of your report.  Make sure you get with the autocrat ahead of time to ask for time in court to award prizes or at least acknowledge that "we had 19 archers visit the range.....", or 11 youth shot today, or 4 newcomers tried their hand at archery."  I don't care if you only say, "Great day, we had fun", make sure you are a part of court.

I am of the opinion that if we go unnoticed, it is our own fault.  Let's not let that happen.

Awards that might be appropriate for an archery are Baronial archery or service awards.  A&S awards for arrows making, archery equipment, etc. Kingdom level awards such as Opal, Golden Dolphin, Kings Missileers, Order of the Yewbow or Sea Stag, Coral Branch.  Some of these are polling orders but it doesn't mean you can't make a recommendation or suggestion.  If the Order doesn't know about a person, they can't watch them.

Now get busy.

Karl, again, thank you for that post.