[Archers] Time Warp Bolts - was: Re: Archers Digest, Vol 93, Issue 28

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Sun Jun 26 19:17:20 PDT 2011

>     I again want to thank Miles for a fun shoot. I'm still in shock.
>
>      Mors

I agree.  THANK YOU MILES!

Also Mors, you have to teach me how you managed to warp time at that
event, and loan me a few of those time warp bolts.

Obviously my own perception was VERY focused during the final round.

You see, here is how my perception saw the finals:

When I moved on to the quintain, I did not see it moving, I did not see
any bolts in it.  As far as I could tell, you had not shot it yet.

My heart skipped.  I was ahead (so I thought).  I fired and hit.  I had
the range in.  I quickly loaded and fired again, I hit.  I heard what I
THOUGHT was your 1st hit on the quintain.

I was one bolt ahead.  As long as I didn't miss, I had this.

I fired two more, roughly in time with your similar hits.  Each hit.  I
was breathing hard.

I knew what I had to do.  I spanned my crossbow, I grabbed my bolt, I
stood up and was inches from slapping the bolt on my shelf.  I had my
eye on the prize.  I saw the balloon.  then suddenly....

The balloon was gone.  It had vanished!  In my mind, I froze.  It didn't
register what had just happened.  It was thinking:  "What happened to
the balloon?  Where did it go?  Did the wind blow it away?  I mean, I
was just looking at it, what happened?"

Then the realization set in as the cheering of the crowd came into my ears.

And I realized, I had been beaten.

So please, teach me the time-warp bolt trick.  For in talking to other
people, they said that you were a half-shot ahead of me during the
quintain the whole time.

Either that, or you shot 4 bolts in the time I shot 3 :)

heh

Either way.  WELL SHOT MY FRIEND!

I look forward to the amazing shoot that you plan for us next time.

Siegfried

PS.  Stupid Pendulum