[Archers] Gulf Wars Grand Exhibition Tournament

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Fri Feb 11 05:45:26 PST 2011

For those archers planning on attending Gulf Wars this year, this is the
latest from the marshal in charge of the Grand Exhibition Tournament.
If you are not up to speed about what the GET is here's a brief.  About
4 years ago the archer community of Gulf Wars decided to do a challenge
shoot of the best archers of the known world in front of the fort for
the benefit of the entire interested populace.  It has served as a great
venue for displaying target archery.  Unfortunately target archery for
most events and big wars is tucked away on the "back 40" and out of
sight.  The GET brings it out for all to see.  In past years there have
been points awarded for heralding each competitor.  One year, Count
Gunnar of Trimaris heralded his squire/archer from the top of one of the
towers on the fort.  Needless to say, they won the heralding points.

cog

This is your friendly neighborhood DEMLW of GA, Lord Neill Gray, and I
am pleased to announce that I am also now in charge of the GET this year
for GW. Master Erik could not commit due to mundane reasons, so Gentile
asked me to step in and take over. Now, to put some facts out there for
all to know, this year's entry into the tournament will be based upon 2
things:

1. The top 10 highest yearly average IKAC scores from after GW 19 to
Thursday afternoon of war will be allowed entry. So if you come to war
and have never shot an IKAC, you can shoot all you want and we will
average them and if your score is high enough based upon who all is at
war this year, then you are in.

2. The royals PRESENT can choose 2 people they deem worthy to represent
their kingdom in the GET.

So, that should mean there are going to be about 24 or so people
shooting in the GET. Some by scoring, some by appointment.

As far as the type of shoots that will be done, that is a secret, or
honestly, I really haven't decided yet on what we will shoot. But, it
will be fun and challenging. I am open to ideas and suggestions, and if
anyone wants to come up with a shoot and supply the target for the GET,
i am willing to put it into the tournament.

Now, if anyone is going to complain about the ability to enter the GET
via IKAC's, I don't want to hear about it, since everyone should be
shooting them all year anyway. If your not shooting your IKAC's, then
shame on you (and me too).

I will be posting the requirements on a flier at Troll for everyone to
see, as well as at the range. I don't know if this will make it into the
GW site book, so please spread the word if you would.

In Service,

Lord Neill Gray