[Archers] Archers Digest, Vol 89, Issue 2

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Thu Feb 3 07:46:59 PST 2011

Perhaps a response closer linked to Jonathas' proposal here - the barony
of Sacred Stone has a youth archer champion position and has for several
years.  I believe having a youth champion position enhances the group,
recognizes that youth are our future, and ecourages the youth to get
involved.  Our current youth archer champion was delighted last year to
have a couple shooting against him for the position.  This champion also
does fencing and has been sorely disappointed more than once when there
were no other youth for him to compete against.  Having a youth champion
position and having that position mean something, i.e. escort duty for
Royal courts, would go a long way to encourage more youth to get
involved in my opinion.

cog