[Archers] Saint Sebastian's Shoot at Pennsic 40 (Thank you)

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Sat Aug 13 14:09:58 PDT 2011

I wanted to send a thank you to everyone that participated in the Saint
Sebastian shoot at Pennsic this year. We received nothing but praise and
compliments from the plethora of archers that passed through the course. The
only negative I heard were the archers we turned away around 3pm when we
needed to start tallying the scores and re-establish the range for the
champions practice.

I have heard many "you did a great job, you you you.." This shoot was not
about me or I, it was about the collective us and Atlantia. I want to
personally thank once again Countess Rowan with fear I will get a kick in
the shins for it, but without her involvement and contacts this would have
never happened! I also want to thank Lorelei and Cog for all of the support.
It is and will be easy for anyone within our Kingdom to pull things like
this off with such a great support team along side of you. I also want to
thank each and every marshal and contributor to the shoot. For those of you
that did not get a chance to come by, some of our marshal's constructed
targets, got them to Pennsic and set them up the night before, stood guard
at the line of their targets all day in the blazing sun and then some had to
shoot that evening on the Champions team. If that is not fortitude for
archery in Atlantia , I don't know what is? We even had a marshal from the
east stand at the pendulum running it so I could walk the range for safety
and take care of our marshal's.

The bar has been set, we showed all of Pennsic what could be done and
seriously think about helping in any way we can going forward. Our agreement
with the Mid and East is that this should be a rotating event hosted by a
different kingdom each time to showcase their talents. Im not sure either
kingdom thinks of Archery the way we do and they might not be thinking of
such a grand event in the future, in any event we need to support them
without alienating them and causing negativity with future shoots.

Thank you all again for the opportunity and support to assure we were
successful!

YIS,

THL Janyn Fletcher...